Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Encouragement

The past week I have been getting a lot of encouragement from people at my school. Besides the continuous compliments from co-workers I also have these examples:

  • A card from one of my students: "Week 1 - You have been a good teacher! I'm happy to have you!"
  • In a staff meeting, the librarian stood up and called me out in front of the whole faculty to tell them she had been listening to my lessons when she was setting up for the book fair in the library (next to my room) and she said I was teaching my heart out and she learned so much for my class.
  • During lunch, the vending machine filler gave me a free bottle of water and a 3 musketeers bar...ok, I know that is not exactly "encouragement" but it encouraged me to make it through the day :)

Being at a school with a positive environment can make all the difference!!

No comments:

Post a Comment